One of the best things about Melbourne is that it’s truly a 24 hour city – especially now that public transport runs all night on the weekends. If you’re in our city for a good time, not a long time, you’ve come to the right place. Here are the best late night after hours spots to hit up while you’re in Melbourne.
Late night food
There are plenty of places to eat after hours in Melbourne after you’ve been out all night – and you’re looking for an alternative to the classic kebab. Here’s where to eat when everything else has closed for the night.
- Stalactites: This casual Greek eatery stays open 24 hours to satiate your desire for souvas, mezze plates and more.
- Choo Choos: The dining room at Melbourne’s well-known bandroom, The Toff, is open until 3am on weekdays and 5am on weekends for those night-owl curry cravings.
- Shujinko: This ramen bar is open 24 hours, 7 days a week, delivering steaming bowls of ramen to hungry late-night city-goers.
- Magic Mountain Saloon: This trendy bar serves delicious Thai-Australian meals until 1am on weekends. Stick around for the cocktails, too!
Late night fun
Not everything after dark has to be about clubbing. Melbourne has a bunch of great things to do if you’re whiling away the hours into the AM. Here are our top picks for late night fun.
- Holey Moley: Play putt-putt into the wee hours of the morning at this mini-golf themed bar. Open til 2am.
- Village Cinema at Crown: With sessions kicking off just before midnight, and a licensed bar, you can while away the AM watching the latest flicks here.
- Loop Bar: A Melbourne mainstay that every local has frequented until the early hours of 5am at one point or another… Start your night on the rooftop and work your way down.
- Heartbreaker: Cocktails until 3am will keep you going after sunset at this chic bar brought to you by the kids at the Everleigh.
Escape with Crowne Plaza!
Book direct and save with Crowne Plaza Melbourne.
Find Out More